Basque cheesecake


Just catching up on posts now ^^; The Basque cheesecake started making its rounds on the interwebs late last year/early this year, and I got intrigued after it featured on Bon Appetit's YouTube channel (that's another story for another day I suppose). I finally had enough cream cheese and time to make it recently, so here it is!

So what did it taste like? Well... it tasted like burnt cheesecake LOL. We had to scrape off some of the blackest bits since they just tasted like carbon. But the rest of it was nice! The burnt parts do add some flavour to the cake, and I liked that it wasn't as fussy as a normal cheesecake (needing water baths to prevent cracking, etc.). I might actually start making cheesecake this way from now on haha; two added bonuses to this recipe are that it's small-batch (don't need a lot of ingredients), and light-tasting (no sour cream or butter; not even a crust). Maybe will try adding some lemon zest in the future too hmm...

(original recipe from I am a food blog)

Comments

Popular Posts