Croissants, take 2



I finally got fresh yeast lol and tried my hand at croissants again. Notes from this time around:

  • I forgot to chill the butter right after beating it into a square, so it ended up melting too quickly—this caused the layers to stick together and not be distinct D:
  • Dunno if my yeast is just too active, but the croissants turned out soft and bready LOL. At least they were lighter than last time! And the crusts were still flaky and buttery :) just the insides that were too soft.
  • I made 1.5 pains au chocolat, stuffing each with a square’s worth (~125 g) of 70% chocolate. I basically just broke a square into smaller pieces and placed the pieces at intervals while rolling. It tasted really good! I would probably add even more chocolate next time!
  • I baked them for exactly 25 minutes at 400F, but I think our oven runs a bit cold so I will bake them longer next time (to make them even crisper).

Verdict: still quite tasty, especially toasted the day after! We also got some Nutella so that pairing was fantastic :D … but I think I might try another recipe next time hehe.

(original recipe from Joshua Weissman)

Comments

Popular Posts