Pandesal



Nothing beats coming downstairs to a warm batch of fresh pandesal straight from the bakery*. Well, nothing except some tuna and mayonnaise and a cup of sikwate (Filipino hot chocolate) :D My dad and I have been on a quest to recreate the perfect pandesal at home, but it’s eluded us for years now. Even this time around, the bread’s texture was still a lot denser than what I’d had growing up in the Philippines. I think next time I’m going to try kneading it longer (20 mins by hand or 10 mins by stand mixer dough hook), using bread flour, and not using expired yeast lololol. Back to the drawing board I guess! At least this batch still looked and tasted pretty good :)

*or wherever my parents/relatives got it from o__O now that I think about it, I have no idea where they would get pandesal from…

(original recipe from Panlasang Pinoy)

Comments

Popular Posts